The landscape architecture program tracks student achievement after graduation on an annual basis. These records may be somewhat incomplete as the survey is conducted as a voluntary email survey after the students leave WVU. We also survey the graduating seniors with an in-class survey immediately prior to graduation. General results for this survey for the graduation years of 2011 to 2015 are as follows:
- Five graduating seniors pursued graduate education immediately after completing their undergraduate studies.
- Three students entered graduate schools after a period of time after graduation.
- Ten graduates appear to be working in fields not directly related to landscape architecture.
- Forty graduates are working in fields related to landscape architecture with the majority working directly for landscape architectural services design firms (landscape architecture, landscape design/build, architecture, and engineering firms).
- Four are working for public sector organizations.
- All students have successfully obtained and executed professional internships for the period of 2010 – 2012.
The landscape architecture program regularly tracks student numbers admitted to the program and student retention through the program until graduation. For the period of 2009 to 2011 (the period for which we have student admittance and graduation rates) the program admitted 128 students and graduated 57 students for a student retention rate of approximately 46%. For the period of 2012 to the present (for which there are no graduation records) the program admitted 107 students and there are currently 51 students in the program at the sophomore to senior levels. This yields a retention rate of almost 48%. The majority of non-retained students leave the program voluntarily during years one and two. Retention rates for year three and four students is approximately 90%.
Cost of Attendance
Information about fees, tuition and other expenses can be found at tuition.wvu.edu.